Saturday 23 March 2013

A few things about Facebook I want to share


One of the main reasons I started this, is because Facebook is getting more and more ridiculous! I do begrudgingly accept I like it and it entertains me so this the context of this moan isn't angry or owt like that. Just wondered if anyone out there has the same things on theirs that annoy me on mine!

I have not been a fan of the fact I have given them (whoever 'they' are) pictures of me and my children over the course of the years, despite having the privacy set up so only the family can see them (or so I think anyway :S). It is like Big Brother. You put GPS on and it knows where you live. People put their phone numbers on and countless images. Heaven for any identity thieves out there!

Let me give you a run down of the things that piss me off most about it.

1) Game requests - I do not want to join you on candy crush saga or mafia wars so fuck off. When my phone beeps for this, I always consider the delete button. What is worse, people posting this game "4 pictures 1 word" every 10 minutes so people can help them. If you ever do complete that mind boggingly simple yet boring game, that a 10 year old could do, will you feel proud? You shouldn't as every fucker on your facebook completed it for you....you didn't!

2) Pictures of food - I did this once. Then thought....who gives a shit? Then took it off. I don't care what you have made for your tea, I see meals 3 times a day anyway. Before I eat them. That's 21 per week so I don't need to hear about what you had or see it either. Unless you are a michelin star chef or have won an award for it...I don't care.

3) Changing your profile picture every day - I just see it as a 'like my picture so I can feel good about myself''effort. These people usually take pictures of themselves in the mirror too with their iphone flashing.

4) The Weather - I have a fucking window. If you are on holiday in the Mauritius and want to rub it in cos the weather is lush...great, that's banter and fair enough. If you want to tell me it's snowing or raining in the UK then please don't.

5) Seeing Orange people pulling their lips like a fish or 'pouting' - I don't understand why people think this is attractive...you look like an Oompah Loompah. I am no oil painting but at least I don't spend money to make myself look even worse.

6) Dogs on facebook. Your dog does not need a facebook account. It has paws and a dog brain. It will also die way before you.

Now the obvious reply to this is 'well don't go on it then you moaning bastard!' and yes I get that.

There are, however, around 30 people (so about 10%) who provide entertaining content I do want to see and I feel it would be a shame to miss out on that. There is some great information out there to be shared and it's a good platform for it. I also put updates for my family about how the kids are doing and pictures as they unfortunately don't get to see them as much as we would all like so without it...I would lose out a bit.

Enslaved a bit by it really...can't live with it, can't live without it!

Does anything really piss you off about facebook? (apart from me if I am on your friends list!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Agree about them all !! Plates of food really hacks me off!!! It just makes me think, I hope you choke on it and then at least that will be entertaining!

Some people must think there home, within 20 miles radius of mine, must have different weather!!

You could go on for a lot longer describing things that some find interesting but others, including myself find nauseating but where do you stop.

You're right though, Facebook is still a great forum and has more pluses than minuses.

Can I just point out one pet hate, which I'm sure you will acknowledge, people on blogs such as .co. uk who put their own images up in a serious pose!!!

Thad used to boil my piss everytime I saw his smug student face!!!

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha!

Boys who take pictures of themselves in the mirror with iphones...I would never ever have anyone like this on my facebook. In fact, I just couldn't interact with anyone like that. I understand lasses (to an extent) but lads doing it...I can't imagine how badly they were abused by their uncles when younger...

Unknown said...

I thought I would add a picture of a cat too. As I know how popular they are with everybody..